Friday, April 24, 2009

Sunsets

Sunsets are probably my favorite part of the day.

From my desk I can look out the back door over the hillside and watch as the sun disappears every evening. Some nights the sky is shades of red and gold, other nights it becomes wild shades of purple. Every night it's a masterpiece.

This was the view from this evening...probably just a minute or two later than when I would have liked to have taken it.

The sky was alive and vibrant, and the light reflecting from the clouds made them look as if they had been painted directly onto a canvas and hung in the sky. It was magical perfection, exactly the way the universe intended it to be.

I watched the sun as it continued its retreat behind the hillside and as another day came to an end....and I smiled.

No comments: