Monday, April 6, 2009

Time Flies...

It's not the most original of sayings, in fact it's rather cliché, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Time really does fly.

I was 17 years old the day my son was born, and I can remember that day so vividly that it might as well have happened yesterday.
The same way I remember when he said his first words...
Took his first steps...
Rode his bike for the first time...
Went to his first day of school...

Time really does fly.


This past weekend, as I watched my now 18 year old son get dressed for his senior prom I found myself wondering exactly how time managed to go by so quickly. How was it possible that the man standing in front of me was the same little boy that I had once held in my arms?


I couldn't help but smile as I watched him slip on the tuxedo jacket and straighten his tie.

18 years ago I was certain that I'd met the man who would change my life forever...

I was right.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I know what you mean. My son will be 18 in October, and graduate next year. I still can't believe it.

He about had a heart attack when I asked him if he was ready to get married...lol. He said definitely not.

It just struck me one day that he was the age I was when I got married.