Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gardening Anyone?

I've never been much of a gardener...
In fact, the only thing I've ever successfully been able to grow has been the mass collection of weeds scattered throughout my yard. Thank God for the people who owned the house before me...otherwise I'd have nothing in my yard but dandelions and crabgrass.
But I'm no quitter...

When I got the idea to convert my backyard into a peaceful zen-like place where we could go to socialize or just relax, I counted heavily on my master Googling abilities to help me out. Surely amidst the vastness of the Internet I'd be able to track down something that would help me in my quest to create the perfect garden (free of any species of weed).

I did.

After about 437 hours worth of research, and an equal number of hours spent digging, raking, planting and mulching, I've begun the process of creating my perfect garden...

Here is the first glimpse:
Now I realize that it's not likely going to make the pages of the next issue of Better Homes & Gardens...but for me, this is one heck of a start....

Now the question is....do I have enough energy to keep going?

No comments: