Friday, May 29, 2009

Creative

The idea was for me to spend some time tonight being creative.

So far it isn't working well for me.

It seems that every single spare moment, along with a few non-spare moments, have been spent working on the garden project. At this point I'm not really sure you could call it a "project"...it's more like an "entity".

There are points when something which starts off small gets so large that you seem to lose control of it. At that point it loses project status...and takes on a life of its own.

That's what happened to the garden.

Physically: I'm exhausted.
Mentally: I'm exhausted.
Totally: I'm exhausted.

Whoever said that gardening was a relaxing hobby must have been referring to the fact that after spending all your time gardening you're so totally wiped out that the only thing you can do effectively is sleep.

For a week.

In the midst of all the gardening insanity, my creative energy has been allowed to go into a dormant state.

Tonight I was supposed to try to wake it up...

I'm not sure I have the energy to write a grocery list let alone come up with a compelling topic for the short story I was supposed to have written by May 31....which according to my calendar is only two days away.

On the plus side....

I have one hell of a garden.

No comments: