Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm a grown up

I spend a lot of time complaining about my "grown-up" responsibilities.
Paying bills...
Going to work...
Taking care of the house...

As I sat pondering over the drudgery of my "grown-up" life... it occurred to me that when I was a kid I expected that things would be a lot more fun once I didn't have someone telling me what to do.

Then it occurred to me...

Things are more fun now that I don't have someone telling me what to do...

So, to celebrate my grown-up life, I decided to make a quick list of the things that I love most about being an adult:
  1. I can have whatever I want for dinner. I don't have to worry about nutritional value if I don't want to. I can have a bowl of cereal, a root beer float, or an entire bag of cookies if that's what I want to eat. It may not be the healthiest alternative, but who cares? I'm a grown-up.
  2. I can stay up as late as I want any night of the week. If there's something on television that I want to watch, if I get busy surfing the internet or catching up on facebook, it doesn't matter what time is on the clock. Sure, I have to get up and go to work the next morning and I might feel like total crap for the entire day, but who cares? I'm a grown-up.
  3. I can go wherever I want to go. If I decide that I want to go shopping in town, hang out with my friends, go to a concert, or even make the eight hour drive to see the love of my life, I can. Sure, I have to pay for the gas and even risk the random attack of a rogue deer, but who cares? I'm a grown-up.
  4. I can spend an entire day doing nothing at all. If I decide I want to lay around in my jammies, watch cheesy television movies and spend the day being a complete sloth, I can. Sure, the house might be a mess and I might smell like a foot, but who cares? I'm a grown-up.
  5. I have no rules. I can run naked through the house, lay in bed until noon, and spend my extra money on a pair of shoes. There is no one to tell me what I can, or can't, do. There are no boundaries. The world is mine. Sure, I might get a raised eyebrow and people may be suspect that I have completely lost my mind, but who cares? I'm a grown up.
What do you love most about your grown-up life?

No comments: